First of all, a very Happy New Year and welcome to 2019!
2018 was an interesting year in the development of technology trends with numerous advances in the technology sector.
Yet, despite some of the more recent technological advances (artificial intelligence, virtual reality and blockchain, to name a few) the setup up and ongoing maintenance of your business’s infrastructure is one that should remain at the forefront of your business strategy and the new year may be the ideal time to review this.
The importance of having a server hosting strategy
With advances in technology and fierce competition in the marketplace, it is essential that your business’s website or other server application is reliable, efficient and performs when needed. In fact, making your applications function correctly without addressing the security needs of your infrastructure could have devastating consequences further down the line.
Have you re-evaluated the technologies that drive your business and its operations?
Perhaps it’s been six months, a year or even two, but it’s important to continue to evaluate the technologies that drive your business. Here are a few things to consider when re-evaluating your server hosting strategy:
- Server downtime – has there been any planned or unexpected downtime and has this had a negative effect on the business and/or your customers?
- Customer support – have you been satisfied with the support levels you have received? Has support been provided by directly by engineers, how quick have the response times been?
- Level of communication – have you received an appropriate level of communication with your hosting provider? Has the customer service levels met, exceeded or actually under-performed your expectations?
- Additional unknown fees – has there been any additional fees added on to your billing which you were not expecting?
- Response times – have response times been acceptable and in-line with your expectations?
- Investment in better facilities & support features – has your data centre invested in improved customer facilities and support features which enable them to provide high-level customer service and support?
As you can see, there are various factors which can be taken into consideration when re-evaluating your hosting strategy. If any of these do raise questions or cause you concern, it may be necessary to address these with your current hosting provider or even consider changing your server hosting provider.
If you have any concerns about your server hosting strategy or would like some help and guidance on your server hosting, please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call. We are always happy to help – 0161 464 6101.