What is “The Cloud”?
Cloud computing, often referred to as “the cloud” is probably something you’ve heard of more times than you can count but if you’re not sure what it actually is, read on.
Simply put, cloud computing is where data and information is stored remotely or separate from the actual device being used and can be accessed securely via the internet from anywhere, at any time in any location.
Many businesses have adopted cloud computing in their operations over the past few years – but why?
Today, more and more businesses are moving to the cloud for various reasons. Cloud computing not only increases efficiency and productivity but can also help to improve cash flow (typically, you would pay for services on a monthly basis, rather than as an upfront capital expenditure) and offers other benefits.
Benefits of Cloud Servers
- Scalability – a benefit of cloud servers is the ability to scale your resources up or down instantly upon your request. This gives your business absolute flexibility and allows your business to easily upscale or downscale its existing resources to accommodate business needs or changes.
- Usually, no long-term contracts and no upfront costs. Businesses have the freedom of choosing a ‘pay as you go’ method rather than the traditional software licenses.
- Universal – employees can access the service at any time in any location to access information and complete outstanding tasks.This allows for much greater collaboration between employees allowing multiple users to share and work on data and documents at the same time.
- Security – high security standards to protect data security which ensures that cloud computing is a safe way of storing and sharing data.
- Data backup – data stored on the cloud will always be available as long as users have an internet connection. This ensures easy access to your data when you need it.
- Highly resilient & reliable – for example, our clustered architecture allows for multiple redundancies which enables us to guarantee an SLA uptime of 99.99%.
As you can see, the cloud has many benefits to a business. Do you think it is time to consider a move to the cloud and might need a helping hand? If so, contact us and we will do our best to advise you.
Alternatively, if you know what you are looking for, we have a range of cloud servers options available.
We are always happy to help!