It’s difficult to avoid the term Cloud Hosting but you may not be entirely familiar with exactly what it is. Read on to find out….
To provide you with a brief overview of cloud hosting, this short article should help you gain a good insight into cloud hosting and its benefits and tell you what you need to know.
So what exactly is a cloud server?
A cloud server is a virtual server (rather than a physical server) running in a cloud computing or virtualized environment. It is built, hosted and delivered via a cloud computing platform via the internet, and can be accessed remotely. Cloud servers are also known as virtual servers (VMs) and have all the software they require to run and can function as independent units.
What is the cloud?
The cloud is commonly used to refer to several servers connected to the internet that can be leased as part of a software or application service. Cloud-based services can include web hosting, data hosting and sharing, and software or application use.
‘The cloud’ can also refer to cloud computing, where several virtual instances are linked together to share the load. This means that instead of using one single powerful machine, complex processes can be distributed across multiple smaller computers.
What are the benefits of cloud hosting?
- A cloud server gives the business user stability and security because any software problems are isolated from your environment. Each cloud server won’t impact on each other. If another user overloads their cloud server, this will have no impact on your cloud server, unlike with physical servers that have shared user resources.
- Cloud servers are stable, fast and secure. They avoid the hardware issues seen with physical servers, and they are likely to be the most stable option for businesses wanting to keep their IT budget down. The ability to spin cloud servers up and down when suited is a major benefit to a lot of business, whether that is for production purposes or staging and development.
- Cloud servers can provide a faster service for your money. You’ll get more resources and a faster service than you would for a similar price of a physical server. A cloud-hosted website will run faster.
- You get scalability with cloud servers. It is very easy and quick to upgrade by adding memory and disk space, as well as being more affordable – our CloudPLUS system can be expanded with more RAM or vCPU at your request.
- Cloud servers also benefit from high availability, allowing virtual instances to failover between host servers creating greater resiliency and stability for the end user.
If you have questions about our cloud service or want to know whether a cloud-based system is right for your business, please get in touch. Our friendly server hosting experts are always on hand – 0161 464 6101.