With the world being told to work from home and embrace the remote work lifestyle, will businesses continue to adopt this virtual mindset or revert to their physical roots?
When the work from home order was first introduced many companies were unprepared, but after some organisation and implementing a proper remote working system, some companies reported improvements with many preferring a virtual office space.
What is a virtual office?
A virtual office can come in many forms and cover multiple areas of a business but in summary, it’s when a company puts in place several systems/platforms that allow their employees to work collaboratively but from the comfort of their own home. Some available services: virtual meeting rooms, phone answering/redirecting, and a business postal address.
- Without the need for employees to navigate the troubles of a daily commute, many have felt more motivated as their working day starts and ends when they clock in. Unfortunately for them (but fortunately for the business owners) the excuse of “traffic” has now been made redundant.
- With any documentation/files being stored in a shared drive employees have access to anything at the touch of a button.
- Live chat rooms have revolutionized proficiency as staff can receive support/advice in a short amount of time with minimal disruption to the supporter.
- As the only requirements to work are to have access to a computer/internet connection this allows companies to massively widen their recruitment process as there is no need to live in the same area. This improves a company’s inclusivity and the number of potential employees.
- The employees can save a lot of money per annum as they don’t need to spend money on the following: transport insurance, fuel, public transport, office attire, and eating out. Furthermore, the business owner will save money on renting out office space.
- One of the main issues with remote working is having a consistent and reliable connection, this is why we offer 24/7 fast and secure remote working solutions to ensure there is never a missed opportunity.
- When working from home it’s sometimes difficult to separate your work and home life leaving people susceptible to getting distracted and reducing productivity. A way to avoid this would be to have regular meetings and deadlines to ensure employees are keeping on top of their work.
- Employee mental health is extremely important so not having that daily physical social interaction can affect this however this can be helped by having regular social events and activities.
- If security is not robust, important information could be leaked. This is why at Datacentreplus we prioritise security with file encryption and 24/7 support.
At Datacentreplus we offer fast and secure remote working solutions.
Our team of experts takes care of everything from setting your team up to making sure everything runs smoothly across all devices in any location.
With our unmatched 24/7 customer support services and an experience that is tailored specifically to your needs, you can rest easy knowing it’s all in the hands of our industry experts and concentrate on what really matters – your business.
We are a five-star rated company that has the trust of our customers for a reason – we really listen to your needs and once we understand what you require, you can leave it with us!
To find out more about the services we offer or to discuss your particular needs, do not hesitate to contact us on 0161 464 6101 or chat with us on our website and our friendly team will be happy to assist you.