This article explains how to create and delete a demo account. These accounts allow users, such as potential customers, to navigate the features of cPanel & WHM. The users will not be able to make changes to any files or settings.
How to create a demo account
To create a new demo account, perform the following steps:
1. Log in to WHM.
2. Navigate to WHM’s Create a New Account interface (WHM >> Home >> Account Functions >> Create a New Account).
3. Enter a domain name in the Domain text box.
4. The Username text box will auto-populate or you can create a custom username.
5. Create a custom password or use the Password Generator feature.
6. Enter a contact email address in the Email text box.
7. Click Create to use default settings, or choose any desired settings.
8. Navigate to WHM’s Manage Demo Mode interface (WHM >> Home >> Account Functions >> Manage Demo Mode).
9. Select the account that you created.
10. Click Modify.
11. Click Enable.
How to delete a demo account
To delete a demo account, perform the following steps:
1. Navigate to WHM’s Terminate Accounts interface (WHM >> Home >> Multi Account Functions >> Terminate Accounts).
2. Select the demo account that you wish to delete.
3. Click Remove.