Sharing and mapping a network drive on Windows
There are few different ways to share your folder/drives on the network. The easiest way to share a basic shared folder/drive is through creating a Shared Folder Wizard. Please follow the simple steps below:
Sharing a Drive or Folder in Windows Server 2012 R2
- Right click Start menu and Open Computer Management.
- In the console tree, click on System Tools > Shared Folder > Shares.
- Click on Action in the menu bar and select New Share.
- Create a shared Folder Wizard will appear, please follow the steps, choose your folder/drive and click Finish.
Mapping in Windows 10
- Click on Start menu and select This PC.
- From the top menu bar select Map Network Drive.
- Map network drive wizard will start, give a designated Drive letter and specify the path to the shared drive/folder.
- You can give hostname or IP address of the server. In this example: \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\My Shared Folder