This feature allows you to suspend and unsuspend accounts on your server. For example, you may wish to temporarily disable compromised accounts.
List of accounts
The system lists all of the accounts on your server. The interface displays active, unsuspended accounts in white, and displays suspended accounts in red. In the example below, the example1.com account is suspended:
Suspend or unsuspend an account
To suspend or unsuspend an account, perform the following steps:
1. Select the account that you wish to modify.
2. If you wish to suspend the account, enter a reason in the text box.
We recommend that you always specify a reason for account suspension. If a reseller owns the account, the reason may help that reseller to resolve the issue quickly.
3. Select the Prevent resellers from unsuspending checkbox to ensure that resellers cannot unsuspend the account.
4. Click the appropriate button to suspend or unsuspend the account.
This interface has the following limitations:
• You cannot change a suspended account’s password.
• When you suspend an account, the system adds a special character to the front of the cPanel user’s password field. This special character creates an invalid hash, which results in an invalid password message to the cPanel user.
• This feature uses Apache® virtual host include files to redirect incoming web traffic to an Account Suspended interface.
• The system will not suspend any of the account’s Amazon RDS™ remote databases.